Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Great Swell

I know that I've raved about The Swell Season before, but after seeing them in concert again last Sunday I can't help myself.  THEY ARE AMAZING and are most definitely one of my favorite bands!!!!  Okay first off, I went with my buddy Melanie and before we left for the concert we stopped for dinner at The Corner Bakery Cafe.  YUM!!! 


This is my friend Melanie.  She just had a birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!

After dinner we went to see The Swell Season at the Red Butte Gardens and it was fantastic.  It was awesome to see their fan base grow over the last three years in Utah.  They went from performing at The Depot for a couple hundred to The Rose Wagner for 400 people and then to the Red Butte Gardens for 3,000 people.  They are amazing and are totally deserving of the fame.  They are one of those bands who sound amazing on the record, but sound EVEN better live.  Goosebumps, I get goosebumps when ever I see them live.  There are no words.



The next time they are in town, swear to me that you will go to see them.  You won't be disappointed!  I promise!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

They truly are amazing! I had such a great time with you! My hands look ENORMOUS in that picture. It's like the Seinfeld episode with the woman with "man hands" or "sausage fingers". hahaha Ahh, good times. :o)

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

Happy Birthday Mel! Mmmm...that sandwich looks yummy! Swell huh, I'll have to check them out :)