Monday, September 13, 2010

Pluots

Have you ever heard of a Pluot?  While we were in San Diego, my Mom took us to a store called Sprouts and we saw them for the first time there.  I found them so intruiguing I had to get some.


Pluots are a hybrid cross between a Plum and an Apricot.  Although, the skin and the pit more resemble a plum over an apricot. 


But the sweet mixture of flavors was something I couldn't quite describe, in fact it has a taste that is somewhat it's own. You can taste a bit of plum and a bit of apricot and yet, it is it's own taste.  So hard to describe!!  Daniel and I both loved them and were so excited to see them in the stores in Utah!  They are only in season through the end of September, so don't miss out of them!



To read more about Pluots, click here!

1 comment:

Liv said...

YUM!!!!! That looks tasty, Ela. I will have to try to find those...where did you find them here?