It was a success! Daniel doesn't officially turn 5 until tomorrow, but we got to party tonight. It was all about CARS and Lightning McQueen! He didn't want a cake, he decided on chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice cream. So I spent the day making 48 cupcakes. I have to say, they turned out pretty dang good!
Before everyone came over, Daniel and I went for a little walk. We discussed the job of being the birthday boy.
* When people come to the door, be sure to say, "Thank you for coming."
* Wait until after everyone is done singing before you blow out your birthday candles.
* After you open your gift, make sure you thank the person who gave it to you.
* No crying and/or getting mad.
* Eat all the cake and ice cream you want.
The little guy did a great job, I was super proud of him. I can't believe it's already been a year since he came from Tonga. He is truly my special little man. Tomorrow, we are going to celebrate his birthday by doing everything that he loves. So far he's asked to go to McDonald's, the library and his uncle Sione got him a kite that he is looking forward to trying out.
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and I am so thankful they came tonight to celebrate his special day!!