Sunday, February 20, 2011

I "heart" Adele's 21

It's sometimes hard for me to list off a favorite artist.  There are so many different songs, albums and artists that I enjoy to listen to.  But if you were to ask me, which female artist is my favorite, I'd have to go with Adele.  Her first album 19 became an anthem album for me.  Songs like Chasing Pavements, Cold Shoulder and her remake of Make You Feel My Love touched a chord within my heart.  I loved the album right from the start.

Adele is now coming out with her sophomore album 21 and it is amazing!  I found a link to listen to the entire album a little early, it won't be released until February 22nd.  Click here though if you would like to listen to the album.  She is coming to Salt Lake in May, tickets are only $25 and I am going!  The songs are full of emotion, deep love, regret and a passion that mesmerizes from the first moment you hear it.  Songs like; He Won't Go, Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You, and Set Fire to the Rain are some of my new favorites.  She is a refreshing breath of air in an industry that seems intent on spitting out one Disney pop princess after another.

 Here is the video to Rolling in the Deep, enjoy!

2 comments:

Megs said...

Did you already buy your ticket? I wanna go too!

Melanie said...

You know I'm a hard sell on female singers, but I too love Adele! She has incredible range and exquisite control of her beautiful voice. I agree with you, quality vocals are a nice change from the machine-made "gimmicks" and freakish spectacles that dominate the airwaves today.