Monday, May 24, 2010

Photo Theme ~ Food

I had zero creative ambition this weekend.  The two assignments were Black & White, as well as Food.  I obviously chose to go with the food theme.  I basically photographed the different stages of the Berry Trifle I took to my family dinner Sunday.  Tell me what you think, don't hold back!

Berry Trifle

Here are the ingredients you want to begin with:
3 - 4 Types of Berries
One pkg of Instant Jell-O Vanilla Pudding
One pkg of Whipping Cream
Pound Cake (I've never made homemade pound cake, that is my new goal.)
Raspberry Syrup

First steps: Rinse the berries, slice the strawberries and mix together in a bowl.


Next:  Add 2 Tbsp of  Raspberry Syrup and just a sprinkle of sugar.  Just a tiny sprinkle!


Next:  Cover the fruit with Saran Wrap and place in the refrigerator.  Then make the Instant Vanilla Pudding and place in the fridge as well.  While your fruit and pudding are setting, tear the Angel Food Cake into small bite size pieces.


Now begin making the Whip Cream.  I place the cream in a mixing bowl, with 2 Tbsp of the Raspberry Syrup and I use the wire whisk attachment.  Beat the cream until you form soft peaks.


Now fold the Whip Cream and pudding together.



You now have your three layers for your Trifle.


I normally like to layer the cake along the bottom, then the fruit, then the pudding cream mixture on top.  Only, this time I went cake, pudding, then fruit.  It's really up to you!  It's delicious either way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! That looks amazing!! I need some NOW!! I've only seen trifles made with pound cake, but the angel food looks just as good! :o)

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

MMMMMM! Looks mouth watering...wish I could've tasted it :(