Monday, October 8, 2012

Stuart Falls

A few weeks ago, Melanie took us for a hike up to Stuart Falls.  I have to preface this with the fact that I hate to hike, but I was feeling this strong desire to get out there and get moving.  So I told Melanie that I would be down for a hike.  We planned it and I was good with it until the day before.  Haha!  I desperately wanted to cancel the hike and go see a movie instead.  

The hike was hard, I was so out of shape, I was praying for strength to finish and at one point I had asked Daniel to push me along the trail.  I was even contemplating the idea of quitting the hike, staying right where I was and calling for Search and Rescue to come and take me off the mountain.  But I'm so glad that I didn't.  I'm so glad that I finished the hike.  I felt great.  Also, what a perfect time to take a hike!  The mountains couldn't have been prettier!









Note:  I took the Holga out with us on the hike as well.  The above pictures were taken with my iPhone, but as soon as I get the Holga pics back, I will post them on the blog.

2 comments:

Allison said...

HAHA... you make me pee! I hate hiking too... and you are better than me. I doubt I would bave gone. And... ohhhhhh... The HOLGA! Bwhahaha!

Lee S. said...

Ooo so pretty! I need to that hike again. It's been years!