Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treat

This was such a fun Halloween.  It was the first time we both really got in to the holiday and I think we have created our Halloween tradition!

First we decorated and got the candy ready to be handed out to the trick-or-treaters.
Second we got some Papa Murphy's pizza and started cooking that.
Ari came over and Daniel got his costume ready.
We ate dinner and joined KJ for our Trick-or-Treat adventure.
Once they couldn't hold their buckets anymore, we took the kiddies home for some hot chocolate and marshmallows.
After I sifted through Daniel's candy he got to have a few pieces.

Speaking of sorting candy, Daniel got some apples in his bucket...which I understand is a healthy treat and I appreciate that some of my neighbors are so health conscious.  BUT...I don't know about the rest of you, apples were a Halloween no-no growing up.  Granted this stems from my memories in San Fransisco.  When we were little you weren't allowed to eat candy that wasn't wrapped, home baked items, or fruit!!  Hmmm...when did it change?

Here are some pics from our super fun night...






2 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

Looks like all had an awesome night. My kids are too old for trick or treating but my nieces and nephews got a couple of gravy mixes and taco seasoning packets in there bags!!!!

Boy Mom said...

Love the traditions. What cute kiddos?

Yeah, when did apples become ok? Even growing up in Happy Valley, Utah we knew about the scariness of apples.

Fun, Fun!