Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Reign Over Me

If you are looking for a good movie to watch over the holiday weekend. I highly recommend Reign Over Me. From what I hear it didn't get the best reviews, but I'm here to tell you that it was truly AMAZING.
The core of the movie is about two guys who are friends and how that relationship has helped them deal with some very serious situations in their lives. Don Cheadle and Adam Sandler are the stars of the film and true to form be prepared to laugh. It is a drama and you will most likely tear up, or if you are like me bawl your eyes out. That's life though; A drama where laughter is what gets you through and love holds you together. I hope you enjoy it and if you like the movie, be sure to check out the soundtrack! It's worth a listen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, Ela, why did I let you talk me into watching this? You know how much I hate to cry. I was actually quite impressed with the whole entire movie. There were so many underlying truths within its complex, muliple layers. Seriously though, when he gave his mother-in-law a kiss on the cheek, it freakin wrecked me! It was just one of the many times I felt like my heart was being wrenched out of my chest. Don Cheadle and Adam Sandler were perfect for their individual roles and I feel Sandler stretched his legs in a quite serious, very emotion driven role. Also, their chemistry together was flawless. I loved the "I remembered...Handleman, Andrew Handleman...HE didn't take shit from nobody. YOU used to take shit from everybody though". hahaha I was impressed with the way you could be so deep in this movie and then they would throw a line in like that and shock a laugh out of ya. Even though I have never "lost" my immediate family, there were many things I felt I could relate to. I know I personally create diversions and "loud noise" in my life to keep myself from thinking about the painful things I try to forget. Except I can't forget them...they are always in the front of my mind...unless pushed a little to the back by "clutter". And even though I thought watching this movie on Christmas Eve, alone at home would allow me to wallow in my aloneness and my island-ic feelings it actually gave me hope. Hope that if I ever go see as shrink, I might meet another crazy ass person there to hook up with...but I'll have to get there early. Truthfully though, I really enjoyed this movie. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ela and Daniel Asisi said...

Melanie! I'm so glad you liked it! That scene with his in-laws was soooo hard to watch and yet so beautiful at the same time. I loved it and I love that you enjoyed it. Even if you did watch it alone on Christmas Eve! :(